Lettuce Batavian Leny
£18.50 – £138.75
Batavian Leny Lettuce Seeds
Can produce a Batavian lettuce up to 30cm in diameter. A dual purpose variety for growing outside from spring to early autumn, or under glass from autumn to spring. Produces semi-hearting heads of bright green, crisp leaves with a sweet flavour and no bitterness. Shows excellent resistance to mildew.
Target Plant population per /acre: Indoors: 50,000 | Outdoors: 40,000
– Indoor winter varieties: Oct- April
– Indoor summer varieties: April-Oct
– Outdoor summer:Â Jan- July
Early outdoor sowings can be raised underglass in modules andÂ transplanted.
– Indoor winter varieties: Oct to May
– Indoor Summer varieties: May to Oct
– Outdoor summer: May to October
Row width: 25-30cm
Lettuce are best sown as modules under glass and transplanted to final planting positions.